Based in Fareham in Hampshire, Datasym UK Ltd are a market leading software development house, providing a range of front and back office software solutions to both the private and public sectors. With an existing client portfolio that includes a number of high profile household names, Datasym continue to expand and attract new clients on a daily basis within the retail, hospitality and leisure markets.
As a result of both continued expansion and the continued development of our product portfolio, an opportunity has arisen for a developer to join the Datasym Development Team.
You will be joining a motivated and forward thinking development team that have enjoyed working on exciting projects with latest technologies which included iOS and biometric developments that are now in use at every event at the 3 Arena Dublin. Other recent projects have included NHS based patient meal ordering via bedside entertainment systems and iPads. Becoming a developer for Datasym can be very diverse and exciting with the chance to become influential in the direction that our products take. Datasym developers are not simply handed a spec. list to code to, instead we like to instil a full understanding of our products and markets to ensure that your ideas can flow into the code and benefit our solutions.
You would be directly involved in the following:
- Agile development environment
- Design patterns
- Mobile Apps (iOS, Android, Windows) using Xamarin tools
- Working with EPOS Hardware and peripherals
- R&D Projects
- Nativity Scripts
The successful candidate will need to be able to hit the ground running so in order to be considered for this role you will need to have the following:
- A minimum of 2 years development experience working with C#
As well as having the relevant experience it is important that the successful candidate has the appropriate characteristics to fit into the organisation. We are therefore looking for someone who:
- is dynamic and enthusiastic
- is hardworking and motivated
- has a desire to learn and understand the Datasym software products
- can work in a team
- can think on their feet to solve a problem and provide appropriate suggestions to improve the software
Email CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
1st / 2nd Line Support Technician
We now have an exciting opportunity for a Helpdesk Analyst to provide 1st/2nd line service desk support to our customers assisting them with hardware and software problems via phone, email and in person within the organisation’s EPoS environment. This includes installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining and upgrading all software and hardware (including but not limited to PC, terminals and printers) to ensure optimal performance. The Analyst will also troubleshoot problem areas (in person, by telephone, or via remote access) in a timely and accurate manner, and provide assistance where required.
You will be required to maintain an effective level of communication with all clients that require support on any IT issues, ensuring that all information affecting the use of IT systems is correctly communicated throughout and relevant internal / external parties are kept informed of any issues that need escalating.
Offering excellent and prompt customer service and representing the company in a professional and courteous manner. You will be required to heavily investigate customer’s issues and provide diagnostics on a daily basis.
- Ensuring customer’s support issues are logged and recorded with a sufficient amount of detail
- Ability to resolve support issues within a pressurised environment
- Taking ownership of support calls until a satisfactory resolution is reached
- Escalation of complex issues to 2nd and 3rd line support
- Manage work queues and prioritise calls, re-assigning work where and when necessary to ensure compliance with SLA’s
- Install, upgrade, support and troubleshoot in house EPoS Application
- Install, upgrade, support and troubleshoot in house back office application
- Diagnose and quickly resolve a wide range of EPoS, Windows, and networking problems to help minimize downtime
- Troubleshooting network connectivity in a LAN/WAN environment
- Install, upgrade, support and troubleshoot EPoS hardware such as printers, cash drawers, and line displays
- Troubleshoot communication between back office application and EPoS application
- Participation in on-call rota for weekend and bank holiday support.
Desirable Soft Skills:
- A minimum of 1-2 years’ experience in an IT support role is desirable
- A proven track record in managing customer relationships and providing excellent customer service in a customer delivery environment
- Ability to work to and meet deadlines
Desirable Technical Skills:
- Sound understanding of EPoS operations as well as business related processes and procedures
- Understanding of Server/Client setups
- Understanding of TCP/IP Networking principles for troubleshooting purpose
- Experience in using VNC and other remote access tools
- Excellent technical knowledge of PCs and desktop hardware
- Experience of Microsoft SQL Server
- Experience of all Windows Operating Systems
- Experience of Microsoft Services and Web Services
- Knowledge of routers and switches, as well as firewalls
- TCP/IP Experience
If the role sounds of interest and you are enthusiastic about delivering a good IT support service to users, please apply for immediate consideration with a full CV and indication of your salary expectations.
37.5 Hours per week – Mon to Fri
BUPA & Pension after successful probationary period.
Email CV to: email@example.com