With pressures on catering departments within the NHS to provide a nutritious meal at a time when people need it the most and under very tight budgets, Datasym’s expertise provides seamless and intuitive solutions to these specific NHS challenges.
We drive the highest standards of portion control and stock control to reduce wastage to acceptable levels.
Our systems are so well embedded within your organisation that patients can order their meal just hours before eating, reducing the risk of food orders that are left untouched at mealtime due a change in appetite or circumstance.
Dietary analysis is integrated into our comprehensive recipe database, thereby keeping alerts high for allergens or special diets.
Production planning and menu planning work hand-in-hand on Datasym systems. Ingredients are compared in real-time using Menumark to ensure that you stick to budget while still planning the menu that you know will be best for the patients.
"Our working relationship with Datasym has been incredibly productive; not only reducing food waste levels but having the capacity to monitor progress on individual wards and this has been a huge benefit. The time spent with staff to train, support and confidence build when moving to an electronic system is vital and Datasym have made great progress. Our focus is on the patients and the correct ordering of food needs to be a simple and enjoyable experience."
Catering Manager and HCA Chairman, Musgrove Park Hospital -Taunton & Somerset NHS Foundation Trust
"We have been very happy with Datasym as a company, the level of support we have received has been great. When equipment fails (which has been very minimal) the support has been prompt and to a high standard."
Catering Manager, Scarborough Hospital
"The Menumark Solution from Datasym has delivered the following:
To the Patient:
• Patients receive the meal of their choice, in the portion size of choice and with a more flexible overall offer.
• Better nutritional outcomes for the patient
• Faster recovery and discharge
To the Trust:
• Better patient nutritional outcomes leading to speedier recovery rate and discharge, reduction in bed blocking
• Higher Place/Picker scoring through patient satisfaction surveys
• CQC commendation on best practice patient meal service.
• Reduce food purchase/production to “as required” and therefore cost of production to Catering
• Accurate and in time management information, allowing better forecasting and budgeting for patient dining
• Enhanced reputation for demonstrating best practice in sustainable economic food waste reduction
• Confidence and transparency around ERIC reporting.
Head of Catering, Nottingham University Hospital NHS Trust
"The Menumark system from Datasym allows the multi-disciplinary team to easily access detailed information about our hospital food from the nutritional data and allergens to the actual recipe ingredients and cooking methods used, this allows us to ensure that nutritional standards are met and supports us with menu planning.
Pictures of the menu items allow patients to see what they are ordering. Front line staff can easily view the allergen information which supports those with food allergies choosing foods that are safe to eat. Having the nutritional data also viewable for staff and patients gives the ability to help people make informed decisions in supporting there nutritional requirements whilst in hospital. It gives ward teams including Dietitians information to support the nutritional care plans for our patients from those that are nutritionally well to those who are nutritionally vulnerable
Chief Dietetic Technician, Nottingham University Hospital